What is the best electric skateboard to buy? This question is raised numerous times by beginner skaters. If you are a beginner at skating, you may have figured out that an electric skateboard is easier to ride than a normal one. But you may have no idea which of the electric skateboards available in the market is ideal for you.
Electric skateboards have become very popular in recent years. Their construction has also improved and you will get the best electric skateboard quickly after a careful check in the market. They allow you to move as fast as traffic. Atop one, you can speed up hills, cruise breathlessly down streets or even brake gently down the mounts while recharging your batteries. You decide how you want to enjoy your skateboard.
They have built-in brakes and since they are motorized, you do not need to push at all. To ride, you just need to keep your chin high, hum your favorite tune if you so wish and glide smoothly and effortlessly. They are usually remote controlled.
An electric skateboard is probably the lightest thing you can cruise on at the speed of traffic. You can make one yourself if you are not into buying an already assembled one. You can take a motor, batteries and remote control and add to a skateboard. It is not very difficult to assemble one if you like creating things.
But you can buy one as well. To take the guesswork out of purchasing your best electric skateboard, here below are reviews of 5 boards that we think are ideal for anyone.
Altered Fantom.1 12-Volt Electric Skateboard with Wireless Remote
You should get this board if you are searching for the best electric skateboard. It is made with cutting edge technology, putting it a step ahead of the latest in skateboarding. It allows you to carve streets effortlessly. It is an excellent ride on smooth surfaces and tackles the occasional bump well. The hand-held remote control that comes with this board is patented. This motorized skateboard is made for kids and also ideal for beginners. Here are its main features.
- It is a 23-inch electric skateboard with a very durable deck made of top quality wood-7-ply hard maple, concave in shape and with added kicktail for improved control.
- Its trucks are patented Exkate T2 Torsion.
- The wheels are 80mm x 50mm made of poured polyurethane. The skateboard has a quiet belt drive system that provides a smooth, quiet ride.
- It has a 12 volt 7 amp battery that is rechargeable and that powers a 100-watt motor. When the battery is fully charged, the motor can run up to 40 minutes of continuous ride time. Charging time is approximately eight to ten hours.
- The skateboard comes with wireless remote control for easy maneuverability. The remote controls acceleration, braking and offers increased safety.
- Children from 8 years to about 11 years- to a maximum weight of 120lbs -can ride on the board.
- This electric skateboard, as expected is easier to ride than standard ones because you just remain atop the board, while you control it with the handheld wireless remote control. You press a trigger to accelerate and release it to decelerate. It slows down slowly so there are no sudden jerking stops.
- The board can accelerate to a high top speed of 10mph.
- It has various driving modes available. You can choose a slow, medium or fast driving mode. The faster you drive, the shorter the life of your battery is likely to be.
- It is sturdy, agile, and flexible.
- It is easy to set up.
- It has power-on lights for visibility when riding at night.
Altered Fantom.1 12-Volt Electric Skateboard with Wireless Remote comes at a very affordable price that is a bargain considering its quality. Altered off-roader improved the technology to manufacture this electric skateboard resulting in a highly upgraded product. This really is the best electric skateboard you can get anywhere.
It is heavy and hard, therefore there is no fear of your kid crashing onto something and breaking the board. Its wheels are also high quality, therefore your kid will ride over bumps on the road. It takes to hills well, and will not need to be reset once you hit the highest incline.
Everything about this skateboard is just excellent and you should get it for your kid. Adults too who are not heavier than 120lbs can enjoy this board. Riders will enjoy cruising on this comfortable ride.
Benchwheel Dual 1800w Electric Skateboard B2
This skateboard is just fantastic. It cruises to a top speed of 18.6 mph, which is probably the highest for electric skateboards in the market. This is the best electric skateboard you can buy if you consider the high speed attainable on it. Another trademark of this skateboard is the incline percentage uphill that it conquers. It is a much popular skateboard, despite being made in China. It is not, however, recommended for beginners.
- It features two powerful 1800w brushless motors integrated into the deck.
- A unique deck made of three layers of high-quality bamboo wood and two layers of fiberglass. It is lightweight, flexible and agile.
- It has two wheels which have two equal motors. This evenly divides power offering more durability.
- It comes with an innovative remote control that allows you to regulate your speed.
- It has two speed modes: low and high.
- It is easy to learn.
- The electronic parts of this skateboard are well protected in a slim housing. There is no fear of damaging these parts while you ride the board.
- It has a high clearance for increased protection.
- It has a large cutout on the side which acts as a handle. This handle makes carrying the board around convenient.
- Unlike standard electric skateboards, it can be driven over shallow puddles, which it handles well. It does not work only on flat surfaces.
- It can hold a weight of up to 250 lbs.
- Recharging is done only once a week.
This skateboard is made for speed and will be great fun cruising down the street at top speed on it. It is constructed using high-tech technology and with only the best materials. The manufacturer gives excellent support and in the case of any problems, you can call them up or watch self-help videos online. The price of the skateboard is also quite low for the high quality of this board. Get yourself one and enjoy the fastest speeds.
Yuneec E-GO2 Electric Longboard Skateboard
This is the second generation of Yuneec E-Go electric longboards and it has improvements on the first generation skateboard. It has a maximum range of 18 miles and accelerates to a top speed of 12.5mph. This skateboard is constructed by a company that thrives on making electric motors. The expertise of Yuneec in making batteries shows in the good quality of battery on this skateboard.
- It has a single 400-watt motor that works perfectly with the skateboard.
- It has a smaller deck of 36 inches which is easier to control and offers better agility.
- The material of the deck is composite wood. It is light but still supports your weight.
- It has an added kicktail, which makes it much improved for smooth riding. The kicktail allows improved control, steering and the option for tricks.
- It is available in a number of colors and costs half the price of other skateboards in its range. This makes this board the best electric skateboard money can buy.
- It has new grip tape that is more secure than the old one.
- This skateboard comes with a remote control to help control acceleration, deceleration, and speed.
- Each skateboard has four LED lights to indicate battery level.
- It takes 3 to 5 hours to recharge the battery.
- It has regenerative braking technology to maintain minimal battery level.
- You can ride the skateboard without turning on the motors.
- The skateboard can be controlled through an iPhone app. You can fully replace your remote control with your iPhone.
- It tackles a hill incline of 10%.
- It has two riding modes.
This skateboard has features that other similar priced skateboards do not have, which makes it quite a bargain. This deck is aimed at carving enthusiasts and offers great agility. It offers a smooth ride. Get yourself one of this for a perfect ride.
Yuneec YUNEGOCR001 E-Go Cruiser Electric Skateboard
This skateboard has top quality design and construction. It is the best-motorized skateboard at the lowest price in the market. This makes it the best electric skateboard you can buy. It is ideal for beginners and accelerates to a top speed of 13mph. The designer of this board is a professional engineer, which makes it very well made and consequently very popular. Here are some features of this well-built board.
- It has large 90mm wheels which make for a comfortable, smooth ride regardless of bumps on the way.
- The remote control is ergonomic, wireless and handheld.
- The battery case is ‘6 flex’ patented and flexible.
- It can be controlled from an iPhone app.
- Top speed that it accelerates to is 13mph.
- It tackles a maximum hill climb of 10%.
- It charges to a full battery and the time is 3 to 5 hours.
- After charging once, the board can be ridden up to 18 miles.
- The deck is made of top quality Canadian Maple Wood.
- It can handle up to 220lbs of weight while maintaining the same performance.
- The board has regenerative braking.
- It is a highly durable skateboard made of excellent quality materials. This is the best electric skateboard in the market considering its quality and affordability.
- It has two riding modes available, eco and sport. Eco mode uses the battery longer but is slower while sport mode provides a faster ride.
- It is light enough to be carried around in a backpack. It weighs 13.9lbs.
- It is designed in California and it is made with aviation brushless technology.
When you purchase this board, you really do get value for your money. It has features that others in its price range do not have. It is quite good quality, despite being manufactured by a Chinese company. The manufacturer, Yuneec have a lot of experience in remote-controlled products. If you want to run errands or visit friends and prefer to use a board instead of walking, this skateboard is ideal. The hardware on this board is excellent. The board is aesthetically pleasing and there’s nothing clunky about it.
Once you purchase this product, the company offers top-notch customer support. They have a reputation for excellent customer service. Get yourself one of this for a truly enjoyable experience.
- Maxfind New Design Dual Motor Electric Skateboard
This board is pretty fast, and beginners might find that they cannot ride it at top speed. The board is sturdy and durable. Its design makes riding downhill easy and safe. It is a great choice for those seeking a cheap board. Here are its core features.
- It accelerates to a maximum speed of 17mph.
- It tackles an uphill incline of 15%.
- It is waterproof.
- Its motors have a power of 360 watts
- Its deck is 37.99 inches. It’s a longboard and made of 8 ply maple wood and is very durable.
- It has highly durable wheels made of polyurethane.
- It has excellent construction and there is no risk of damaging any of the parts as you move from place to place. It is solid and stable.
- It is quite light, despite being long. It weighs 12.1 lbs. Its weight does not in any way affect battery life.
- It is easy to carry around.
- It comes with a handheld, wireless, Bluetooth, remote control for controlling speed, braking and direction. The board does move in the reverse direction.
- It recharges very quickly. The battery gets to 85% in 30 minutes.
- It can carry up to 220lbs weight.
- You can ride up to ten miles on a single charge.
- This skateboard comes in two versions, A and B. A is slimmer than B and does not have built-in handles.
- The manufacturer offers excellent customer service.
Maxfind New Design Dual Motor Electric Skateboard is the best electric skateboard you can get. It is constructed using state of the art technology and the parts are of superior quality. It is excellent for transportation. When you consider its specifications, it is cheap. Get yourself this board and enjoy smooth, enjoyable rides.
Electric Skateboard Buying Guide
Electric skateboards have slowly gained popularity because of their usefulness as a means of transport, their affordability and fast speed. Finding the right one for you can be difficult though, especially if you are a beginner. You may be spoilt for choice as there are so many models out there.
These motorized skateboards have advanced a lot since 2012. But you could still end up very disappointed after spending a fortune on something that turns out not to be suitable for you. The following guide will make it easy for you to choose the best electric skateboard that is perfect for your needs. Consider the following points.
- What are you going to use the skateboard for?
You must ask yourself why you want to buy a skateboard. There are different skateboards models made for varying uses. Some are meant to be used by children, others are ideal for use on streets, while others still are ideal for those who love going off-road.
Depending on the specific reason you need a board, you will consider certain specifications. If you need your board for your kids, concerns such as safety are important. If you are an off-roader, you will probably focus on durability and power. A commute board, on the other hand, should have more range. Think about why you need a board so that you can be able to determine what is ideal for you.
- What is your budget?
If you are on a low budget, you can make your own board by buying the different parts and assembling it yourself. It may be cheaper to DIY and if you are good at constructing things you could get a relatively good board
But if you dislike creating things or just can’t do it right, you can get a cheap skateboard. You may find some electric skateboards costing below $500, but the majority cost from $500 to $2,000. Do not compromise so much on price as usual, you get what you pay for. Be sure that the board you get includes all the features you need. This is what is important.
- Consider how far you can ride it on a full battery.
The distance you travel on a full battery before needing to recharge is important unless you use your board just for fun. If you are an off-roader, range will be important because you do not want to be low on charge far away off-road. If your board is a commute board, you want to get to your destinations without constantly needing to recharge midway.
- Does the manufacturer/seller have excellent customer support?
How good the support is after purchase is very crucial. You may have a good board that comes with a faulty part. If customer support is bad, you will end up with nothing because you will not get a solution to your problem. Check out reviews and find out what other customers say about customer support.
- What kind of performance does the board offer?
Consider the wheels, motors and other parts of your skateboard and find out how they perform. You may not want a board with low-quality parts that break down very easily or do not perform as expected. Compare different models in the price range you want, but remember to also put other factors into consideration.
- How heavy is the board?
The lighter a board is the better it is. You may run out of charge and be forced to carry it home. It is easier to ferry it if it is light. As well, the ride feels more natural if the board is light. Many manufacturers are making lighter boards as they are more popular.
- What is the quality of the battery?
A good battery will normally have longer battery life and will usually be pricier. Check the battery quality so that you get one with a good range.
- Is the electric skateboard waterproof?
It is important to consider if your board is waterproof because it will determine a lot about where you ride it. If you get caught in the rain, and it is not waterproofed, its parts will get damaged. You may also avoid riding it over puddles if it is not waterproofed. If you need it for commuting or you go off-road, it is important for it to be waterproof. Waterproofing protects its parts in case of adverse conditions.
- Does it have a comprehensive warranty?
Before you buy an electric skateboard, read the fine print so that you will be sure what is covered by the warranty. It is also important to know what you should and shouldn’t do to avoid voiding the warranty. Do note that electric skateboards are more prone to wear than regular ones. If the company offers only a short warranty says, like six months, it might say a lot about their lack of confidence in their board. The best electric skateboard you can get will always have a long warranty. Search online, especially in forums to find out if the company keeps their word and if others have got off-roader customer service.
If you consider the above points and do a diligent search online about the electric skateboard you want to purchase, you will end up with something that you like and that serves you well. Go and get your best electric skateboard after considering the information above.